dimecres, 16 de novembre del 2011

The story of Maymun


We were walking through the Queensland rainforest in Australia. It was half past two, so we stopped to eat something. Roser, my friend, had a cheese and ham sandwich. I had a cheese sandwich. Suddenly, a little orangutan appeared from the bushes. He had big brown eyes. He took Roser’s sandwich, and when he tried to take mine, I caught him. Roser said:

-Don’t hurt him, he’s only an orangutan breeding!

-OK. What can we do? Look for his mother? Or leave him here?

-I want to look for his mother, we can’t leave him here. He’s too young.

-OK, so, let’s look for his mother!

We started walking through the rainforest. First, we went to the bushes where he had come. There wasn’t his mother there.

-Would you give him a name? - I asked.

-OK. – Answered Roser.

-We can give him a name in another language.

-Yes! I know, in Turkish, monkey is called “maymun”. Do you like it?

-Yes, I do. It’s a good name.

We were looking for his mum for a long time. We didn’t find his mother. We supposed his mum was killed, so we decided to go to the village. We returned to the route, and started walking from where we came. Maymun looked very thin and hungry, so we gave him a banana. He ate quickly. Then, he put himself on Roser’s rucksack, and started sleeping. One hour after we started walking, he woke up. He started shouting.

-What’s happening? Why is he shouting? – I said.

- I don’t know. Maybe he wants to...- Maymun didn’t let Roser finish the sentence. He jumped from Roser’s rucksack and landed on mine. He scratched it, he wanted to open it.- He’s like a baby, maybe he wants to eat something again!

-OK, but take him away from my rucksack, because, if you don’t, I can’t get the food!

-Okay, but, quick!

Roser took maymun away, he was still shouting. I took an apple this time. Maymun snatched me the apple and started eating again. Finally, we arrived at the village.

-Where can we go?-I asked Roser.

-Here there is a vet, we can go there and ask him.-she answered to me.

-That’s a good idea, let’s go.

We arrived to the vet, and asked for him.

-He’s in his office.-said to us the vet’s secretary.

We knocked on the door and a loud voice said:

-Come in.

We enter in the office, and then we explained to the vet (who was called Mark) Maymun’s problem.

-Are you sure that his mother wasn’t there?-asked him to us.

-Of course we are sure!-I answered.

-We looked for his mother for a lot of time!-said Roser.

-So, what do you want to do?-asked Mark.

-We want to give to Maymun a home.-I said.

-Can you talk with somebody who works in a nature reserve or something like that?-asked Roser.

-Hm... Let me think... Yes! I know a good guy who told me that he started working in a nature reserve, here in Queensland!

-Great!-we said at the same time.

-I’ll call him and I’ll tell you if he can take care of Maymun.

We waited out of the office. After a few minutes, Mark called us. When we entered again, he said:

-My friend says that there is no problem! They will give to Maymun a home.

-That’s fantastic!!-said Roser.

That afternoon, we went with Mark to the nature reserve where his friend works. He said to us:

-Thank you for bringing Maymun here. If you leave them alone in the rainforest, orangutan breedings die.

-You’re welcome-I said.

Two days later, Roser and I went to our houses with our families, here in Barcelona.

After a few days, Roser asked me in the playground:

-Would you like to go to Australia again to see Maymun?

-Oh, yes! It would be great!

So, two weeks later, Roser and I went again to Queensland. When we arrived to the nature reserve, we asked for Maymun. A guy called John went to look for Maymun’s carer, a guy called Brian. Brian arrived with Maymun, and Maymun jumped to us! He looked very happy. We hugged him, and we asked to him:

-Hi! How are you, Maymun?

He is very happy to stay here, he’s having a good life-said Brian to us.

Roser and I were very happy too.


Andrea and Roser

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada